Sunday, January 17, 2010

Okay, here goes...finally entering the 21st century... Am gonna start blogging (thanks Liz, Bryan, and JB).

I'm not really sure where to start... the past nineteen months have been the darkest time of our lives. On May 27, I put our little boy down to sleep for the night. An hour and fifteen minutes later, he was gone. There was no warning, no sign that this was coming. It is still so shocking, I can't put my mind around it. We miss him so, so much. A part of us is missing and always will be. There is no cure for this wound... not on this earth.

Before losing Luke, I used to think it was kind of morbid to talk about looking forward to heaven. Life was pretty good here on earth. And in many ways, it still is. But now, heaven is a much more real place to me... because we have treasure there. We are aching for our son, and we long for the day when we all be together again. We are aching for home.



4 comments:

  1. I am excited for you Nicol...starting a blog...I cannot wait to see what this brings. Writing is a great outlet and I pray that you are able to find peace and comfort in the things you choose to share with us!

    Love,
    paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicol, Our friends Lance and Jenny Lou Jones contacted us immediately when they heard you were doing a blog. My husband and I lost our daughter, Campbell, during delivery on December 16th due to a ruptured placenta. I have found great comfort through Angie's blog. You ministered to me while performing at TrueNorth church in early 2006. My father had just been killed in a random carjacking. Just as the Lord used you then I know he will use you through this blog. What a courageous step you are taking! God tells an amazing story through His people, He has one to share through you. Praying for healing in and through you! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicol. Scary, yes. Healing, also yes. I'm excited to see you doing this. I also pray for you and those you will reach through this blog. Daddy has always quoted a dear friend of his: "Thoughts disentangle themselves as they pass through their lips and fingertips."

    God's Blessing, my sister,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicol I heard your song for the first time Sunday morning on American Family Radio while driving from New Orleans to Brandon to teach a Singles bible study class... I was searching who the artist was because your song will really help singles whose life has fallen apart... keep alowing God to use your hurts to help others... the lesson was on faithfulness... maybe this verse will help you... 2 Timothy 2: 11-13 (KJV)
    This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him. If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

    ReplyDelete